MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Available: July 2015
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating marketing and communications functions for the organization, with an emphasis on digital marketing. The Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and interacts with web developers, graphic designers and other vendors that are identified by the organization to work on select projects.
- Coordinate traditional and digital marketing efforts including direct mail, advertising, email, social media, and online
- Maintain and update website content
- Create, traffic and proofread marketing materials
- Manage Austin Opera’s email marketing program
- Produce video content for digital and social distribution
- Assist with tracking of advertising expenses as needed
- Provide on-site support at company events as needed
- Coordinate editorial content for the performance programs (three issues annually) and other event programs as needed
- Provide marketing/communications/design support for volunteer, outreach and educational initiatives, working in partnership with other areas in the organization
- Assist with media/public relations activities, in support of live music events; liaison with media and external PR agency/vendors as needed
- 2+ years of marketing experience, preferably for ticketed, live entertainment events
- Experience and familiarity with HTML, WordPress, and email marketing software
- Experience managing printing and direct mail projects; familiarity with print and mail house vendors and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
- Superior writing and communication skills, including copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Graphic design experience strongly preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Ability to effectively manage personnel as needed (i.e. volunteers, interns)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music/opera preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
To Apply: Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries about the chorus, please visit ALOcoro.org