The Database Administrator (DBA) will serve as a lead on the implementation team for the Tessitura ticketing/CRM system. Under general direction, the DBA performs duties related to meeting the database needs of all areas of the organization with the Development and Marketing Departments requiring a large percentage of overall needs. The Database Administrator also provides problem solving and support to end-users; as well as managing the design and implementation of database enhancements.
- Serve as DBA contact on Austin Opera’s implementation team for the Tessitura ticketing/CRM system.
- Manage new database projects, including development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance.
- Improve procedures and processes related to database management that will ensure accurate information is maintained and reports are generated accurately.
- Conduct routine testing and analysis of databases; use hardware and software tools to identify and diagnose problems affecting database performance. Test and verify database recoverability.
- Create and produce customized reports; manipulate data to prepare reports and data files to meet specifications of requests by management, staff, or vendors.
- Provide direct database support and training to staff; prepare training and departmental procedural manuals and documentation for Tessitura as needed.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures, related to database management such as uploading and downloading of in-house database information exchanges between appropriate departments as well as outside vendors and consultants.
- Establish guidelines and policies to govern database hygiene and maintenance. Work closely with Marketing and Development staff to ensure data entry standards and routine hygiene and maintenance (i.e. data entry, NCOA) are implemented.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and verification of financial reporting procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of experience or training is required. Three years SQL Server 2008 R2 administration experience, SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) including new system implementations, conversions, database recovery, performance tuning, SQL programming and report generation is required. Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL security & backup, and proven accomplishments. Experience with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), IIS, fundraising and ticketing systems is ideal, Tessitura experience is a plus. Knowledge of Visual Studio programming and HTML is preferred.
- Ability to perform a wide range of duties requiring a general knowledge of related organizational policies and procedures and their application to cases not previously covered.
- Under general direction, works from general objectives with little functional guidance.
- Duties require considerable judgment to devise new, or recommend or modify existing methods, techniques and procedures.
- Must have strong database skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have ability to use computer and have adequate ability in database management, programming, and report development.
- Ability to work with confidential organization data and protect its integrity.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
2015-16 AUSTIN OPERA CHORUS:
For inquiries about the chorus, please visit AOcoro.org