Job Title: Marketing and Communications Associate
Available: February 2016
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Strategist
The Marketing and Communications Associate is responsible for facilitating and overseeing the execution of all marketing and communications functions for the organization, with an emphasis on digital marketing. The Associate reports directly to the Marketing and Communications Strategist and interacts with web developers, graphic designers and other vendors that are identified by the organization to work on select projects.
- Coordinate marketing efforts including direct mail, advertising, email, social media, and online
- Maintain and update website and social media content on a timely and on-going basis
- Create, traffic and proofread marketing materials
- Manage Austin Opera’s email marketing program, including the writing of marketing-driven email content
- Assist with tracking of departmental expenses
- Provide site activation and other support at company events
- Coordinate editorial content for performance programs (four issues annually) and other events
- Provide marketing/communications/design support for volunteer, outreach and educational initiatives, working in partnership with other areas in the organization
- Assist with media/public relations activities in support of live music events; liaison with media and external PR agency/vendors as needed
- 2+ years of marketing experience, preferably for ticketed, live entertainment events
- Experience and familiarity with HTML, WordPress, and email marketing software
- Experience managing printing and direct mail projects; familiarity with print and mail house vendors and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
- Superior writing and communication skills, including copywriting (with an emphasis on marketing), editing and proofreading
- Graphic design experience strongly preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders (staff, volunteers, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of classical music/opera strongly preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
To Apply: Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Marketing and Communications Associate” in the email title. Relocation package not available.
2015-16 AUSTIN OPERA CHORUS:
For inquiries about the chorus, please visit AOcoro.org