COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
A variety of community education programs are presented in conjunction with each mainstage production during the season. Make sure to check back to this page often as new programs and opportunities are added to our current offerings.
Join us for a cocktail reception at 6:30 PM, accompanied by a fun and informative lecture at 7:00 PM at Chez Zee American Bistro.
- Carmen: Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- Ariadne auf Naxos: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
- La traviata: Wednesday, April 4, 2018
In partnership with UT Butler Opera Center, UT students work with internationally recognized performers from each of Austin Opera’s core productions. The audience is invited to listen and learn about the mechanics of singing, musicality and what it takes to be a professional singer in the 21st Century. All Masterclasses begin at 6:30 PM and take place at the Austin Opera Rehearsal Hall, 3009 Industrial Terrace. Limited parking in the lot, but ample street parking is available.
- Carmen with Sandra Piques-Eddy: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Ariadne auf Naxos with Jonathan Burton: Monday, January 29, 2018
- La traviata with Marina Costa-Jackson: Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Austin Opera provides free lectures for ticket holders one hour prior to each performance of their mainstage productions. The lecture occurs in the Dell Hall and can be accessed through the orchestra level doors from the lobby.
Opening Night (Saturday) and Thursday night lectures begin at 6:30 PM.
Sunday Matinee lectures begin at 1:30 PM.