Quick reference guide to "Tosca"
Our suggestions for what to bring:
- a face mask that covers your nose and mouth (required)
- a small purse or clear bag that follows COTA’s bag policy (scroll down for details and dimensions in a section below)
- credit or debit card for purchases (including upgraded parking & concessions – no cash, please)
- wear clothing and shoes to keep you comfortable in an outdoor music venue; bring a light rain jacket or poncho just in case!
- non-aerosol sunscreen and bug spray
- IF YOU PURCHASED A LAWN POD, you may bring camping chairs for Tosca! A blanket on which to sit will be just fine as well.
What NOT to bring into the venue:
- any outside food or drink (empty reusable water bottles up to 20 oz are allowed, but no Camelbaks)
- weapons or firearms of any kind
- audio & video recording equipment or cameras with detachable lenses
- noise-makers, confetti, laser pointers, or any item that might cause a disruption
- aerosol cans (sunscreen, bug spray, etc)
- A complete list of prohibited items and details of what you can and can’t bring can be found here.
Additional important notes for ticketholders:
- build in extra time for traffic, parking, walking or shuttling, the check-in process, and getting settled at the venue.
- parking lots and box office open at 5:00 p.m.
- handicapped parking is in Lots B, C, and D.
- gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- LAWN POD TICKETS: your entire lawn pod must go through the gates together to be admitted. Please wait until your party is complete before going through security.
- at the gates, patrons will be subject to a temperature & health check, a security screening, and a bag check, pursuant with COTA’s entry policies
- show starts at 7:30 p.m.
- a list of concessionaires and food trucks can be found here, and will include options for both dinner and snacks (and drinks, of course!)
- there is an instance of simulated gunfire near the end of Act III.
Rain policy at COTA
Springtime weather in Texas often means light sprinkles; the show will continue as long as it is safe for the audience, the orchestra, and the singers. Bring a light rain jacket or poncho just in case! Austin Opera might pause a performance for a stronger passing shower – not unlike a rain delay in baseball – and resume as soon as possible.
Before you go: download the Austin Opera App!
The Austin Opera App will keep you up-to-date on all things Tosca!
Notifications, health and safety info, exclusive access to content, a super easy way to donate – all at your fingertips.
Parking and suggested driving directions
Tosca will be performed at GERMANIA INSURANCE AMPHITHEATER at CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS (COTA).
This outdoor venue is located just southeast of the airport near TX-130 & FM812 at 9201 Circuit of the Americas Blvd.
Build extra time into your arrival plans for traffic, parking, shuttling or walking, and the check-in process. A reminder that the gates open at 6:00 p.m. Our suggestion is to arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. – we want you to have time to settle into your seats (with a drink and snack of your choice, perhaps) before the opera begins!
There will be two COTA entrances open for our shows: Elroy Rd. and FM 812. If your GPS or mapping app directions take you to a different entrance, try inputting “Lot A – COTA” to route you to the main south (FM 812) gate, where the big lighted sign is visible. Our parking lots are easily accessible from the main entrance and there will be big road signs to guide you once inside the gates.
Ample standard parking in COTA’s Lot H is included with all tickets. Limited upgraded parking is available for $20 in Lots B & C. (pre-purchase upgraded parking for Sunday, or purchase day-of, credit or debit only; no cash). Lot D is already filled. Handicapped parking is available for free in Lots B, C, and D.
All parking is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Frequent open-air shuttles will be available at designated pick-up spots to whisk patrons from Lot H to the box office and venue entrance. Lots B, C, and D are within a very short walk but ADA shuttles will be available for patrons who need them.
Clickable map of the location
Hotels and lodging
Special deal for Austin Opera!
The luxurious Four Seasons Hotel Austin has arranged a discounted rate for Tosca attendees. You may book two ways:
- Visit fourseasons/austin and enter your check-in and check-out dates. When prompted, enter a “promo code” to enter to access the rates: 210515OPEE
- Alternatively, guests may call in to book – 800-332-3442 – and ask for your prospective dates and the “Austin Opera rate.”
You’ll be treated to the following special rate:
City view kings at $389 and lake view kings at $439. Prices move upward for suites.
Thanks to Four Seasons Hotel Austin for this incredible deal!